Friday, October 26, 2007

Take Heart!

This week I was told of an old friend of mine from college who committed suicide. He was a great man of God and was doing amazing things for the kingdom of God. God was using him in incredible ways to reach people and share the hope that he had in Jesus. When I heard the news I was blown away and very sadden as well. I didn't understand. I ran into him about 2 months ago and he was so excited about what God was doing in the ministry he was leading.

My understanding was that he was tired, exhausted he didn't want to continue to live in this world. My guess is that he was under attack. He was exhausted and worn down becasue the enemy wanted him to feel that way. I feel like we are in a battle yet when we talk about the fight we are in even followers of Christ don't really acknowledge the fight. We are in a constient battle for souls, for our soul. For those who are followers of Christ the enemy wants to keep us ineffective and unroductive in our faith. The devil will use all different tatics in this war... he will lie, he will tempt, he will distract our enemy will use anything to push followers of Christ away from Jesus.

When will we learn? This was a huge warning for me. I struggle with listening to the lies, I struggle with feeling like I am not doing anything for the kingdom, I struggle with feeling overwhelmed, exhausted and beat down. This is all apart of the battle. Jesus said, "Come to me all you who are in need of rest, and I will give you rest (paraphrased)."

Most of the time I forget who Jesus is and that is why I allow the things of this world to hinder my relationship with God. This week I taught on a great passage to help in times of trouble. Jesus said, "In this world you will have trouble. BUT TAKE HEART! I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD." What a great promise. Take heart, those who are in Christ will one day be victorious in the battle.

Lord, I am so sadden by my friend by I pray that it will be a reminded to all those who love you that you are in control, and that we can rest in you, becasue you have overcome this world.

1 comment:

Roo said...

"For I know that my Redeemer liveth; and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth, and though my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God."

Job 19: 25-26