Monday, October 08, 2007

NLDS...Go Rockies!!!


The other night I got to spend an unbelievable night with Tim, Matt and Kirk at the Rockies game. I got to be apart of Rockies history, their first ever Playoff series win. It was so exciting to be at the game and to be apart of a community that was rooting for the Rockies to win. There were 50,000 people going nuts for the Rockies and thousands more were listening and watching the game as well all cheering on the Rockies.

As I reflect on the game I was convicted about how excited I get for sports teams, I am checking on the scores and stats of the team. I know the players inside and out, and I can give details about all the players. I wish I had as much passion for knowing God, as I do for the Rockies. A baseball team which has no eternal significance.

Another observation I made was about the community. Look at how excited the Rockies community is at this point. Imagine if the my spiritual community was this excited to see God work. Imagine men and women going nuts because God is changing the lives of people. I cheer for a man who hits a ball and I smile and nod when I hear that Jesus has saved another soul from eternal separation. How great would it be if the spiritual community, the church, get excited about what God is doing and celebrated like we do for the Rockies?

No comments: