Thursday, October 04, 2007

Father of Lies


The last couple of nights I have shared a passage with students about how the devil is the father of lies. Since the beginning Satan has been twisting the truth and deceiving people. I have been meditating on the different lies that I have been believing; about myself, about my abilities and about God. When I don't put the belt of truth on, when I am week in my faith and when I am living in sin that I believe the lies the evil one feeds me. Sometimes these lies our so subtle that I don’t even recognize they are lies. As I have exposed the tactics of the evil one, students and myself have been able to experience a new freedom. C.S.Lewis wrote a great book called the Screwtape Letters that illustrates this exact point. When we allow the lies of the evil to infiltrate our lives, we become ineffective and unproductive in our walk. We are in a battle that I am afraid that most followers of Christ downplay because we don’t want to be looked at as freaks. My friends it is time to suit up with the armor of God and prepare for battle because we are being attack all the time.

No comments: