Monday, November 19, 2007

The Shack


The Shack is a book that totally rocked me to my inner core. I cried, laughed, repented, looked at what a sinner I am and experienced God in ways I never thought possibly. I see theology in a new appreciation and have a better understanding of who God is and the relationship he wants to have with me. I just finished it and I am still processing the book. I love the way it teaches theology. I love the way the writer interweaves the story of God and relates it to our story. More to come on this book as I continue to think about the truths God is teaching me. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has gone through a time of "Great Sadness."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gary. Just thought I'd comment and say hi!

Unknown said...

Visiting by way of your wife Angie's blog...

I read this book in 2 days and have recommended it to everyone I know! Life transforming! I'm actually reading it a 2nd time so that I can actually grasp some of it.

Unknown said...

One more thing...I read your profile and found it interesting...

our Church Mission statement (Southside Community Church in Paragould, AR) is....

Building healthy relationships with God and one another

Pretty similar...at least the sama concept