Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vegas Baby!!!


I sent the day in Vegas. I left real early this morning and I am sitting in the airport to return home. Long day of travel, up at 4:30 AM and back around midnight. Anyways, I came to Las Vegas to attend Aunt Annie's Funeral. I will admit that it was real hard to be in the cemetery. I was excited for Annie because she is home with Jesus, but I was real said about Joshua. A hard day to say the least. I find myself still struggling with the death of my son (Joshua), I had a great conversation with my cab driver about the loss of his son as well today and was able to share with him the hope that I have in spending eternity with my son.

The other day I was listening to the radio and I heard a song that reminded me about the hope I have. It was a song by Mercy me, I can only imagine, and it ha new meaning for me that brought me to tears. So often it is easy to get caught up in this world and I forget what heaven is going to be like. The bridge of the song goes like this...

"Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine"

I can't wait to see Jesus. I have no idea what it going to be like in heaven. I wonder if I will know loved ones. I wonder if I will be able to meet Joshua. I can't wait to tell him about our family. Tell him how much we loved him. Maybe tonight Annie and Joshua are hanging out and worshipping my King. I love you so Jesus, and I can't wait to dance with you and be in awe with you. May you continue to heal my heart until I can spend eternity with you. I can only imagine what it might be like with you. I know this for sure Vegas will never be as bright and magnificent as Heaven!

1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

Oh, Gary... we'll see them soon and get to hold Joshua for as long as we want! (P.S. I liked your last line!)