Friday, September 14, 2007

Drinking from a Fire Hydrant


I just go back from the EFCA national summit in Minnesota. It was a great week spending time with a group of men and women who love Jesus. This eek was a wee of refueling and reimagining what student ministries could look like across the nation. I was able to listen to the hearts of two men who challenged me to think different about the way I minister to others. One thing that Earl Creps challenge me with was, "Instead of doing church we need to focus on doing Christianity." That statement spoke to my heart. Working in a church it is so easy to get caught up in the business of church instead of modeling what it means to be a follower of Christ. It is know wonder that our those who enters the doors of church get confused about what it means to follow Jesus. I confess that I have been more concerned about getting people to a program than drawing people into a relationship with Jesus.

The week was filled with tough teachings that challenged me throughout the week. It was like drinking from a fire hydrant.

No comments: